Saturday, October 4, 2008

What are the negative effects of refrigerator coolants on food and health when exposed


What are the negative effects of refrigerator coolants on food and health when exposed?
My helper told me that the refrigerator is not cooling. She confessed that she used a knife instead of pushing the defrost button to remove the ice in the freezer. I assumed that there was a coolant leak because I saw holes cause by the knife and she said she heard a leaking sound. I have meat and fish inside the freezer. In fact we already had some for dinner an hour ago. May I ask if the said leak would affect the food stored inside and what are the health issues related to this. Should I be alarmed?
Infectious Diseases - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If there is a leak in your freezer it may not have the capacity to completely freeze your food. I would not panic yet but check if the food in your freezer is frozen solid. Keep watch of the food in your freezer to see if begins to defrost. If this happens I would dispose of the food and get your fridge repaired as you will be exposed to food poisoning if you eat food not properly frozen. Also fire your helper
 
 Read more discussions :