Wednesday, November 28, 2012

How many human beenigs have unsatisfied basic needs (Food, Health, etc)


How many human beenigs have unsatisfied basic needs (Food, Health, etc)?
Also, what porcentage of world's population had unsatisfied basic needs before, was it bigger, how bigger? Do you know where to find straight and relieful "world numers" like this? Most of my spelling errors are carelessness-related. Most of my grammatical errors are intensional. "Wrong category" when refering to philosophy is even more subjective than my unanswerable "Q" (I will assume that's "question", in any case it should be "Q." but maybe such mispunctuation is related to not beeing able to tell orthography from gramatics). My terrible writting is less evident when I write in my home language, instead of the others I handle. Fortunately, I constantly improve my writing skills, meanwhile I've chosen not to wait untill I master a language before I dare use it. What I am looking forward to read is prescisely the diverse views of those who care and are versed on this matter (and I think the tone of my question shows this). Filómata (as should be obvious to anyone who speaks english) is spanish for Philomath (lover of learning). I always correct people when they express themselves incorrectly, instead of saying that I don't mean any offense.

Philosophy - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you could try google. just type something like global statistics and see what comes up
2 :
http://www.miniature-earth.com/ not exactly what you asked for...but worth a visit
3 :
With no real offense meant as it relates to your spelling or grammer, and the fact that you're asking in the wrong category, I suggest that statistics regarding your Q are likely impossible to compose. I'll offer that it is likely in the billions. AND unsatisfied is a nebulous, subjective, and relative word to describe the situation you ask about. I live in the USA. I live at a level I consider UNSATISFACTORY, and often below "Poverty" level standards,,,but I count myself fortunate that NEEDS at a subsistence level are avilable to me, usually through "Social Services" Many occupants of various countries have NO support systems available,,,as I do,,, and swallowing my dissapointments and egos may not fill my belly, but many in the world don't even have that option. Steven Wolf
4 :
G'day Filomata, Thank you for your question. The best place to look for answers is in places like the World Bank, UNESCO and so forth. Poverty is defined as the lack of essential services such as food, clothing, shelter and healthcare. The World Bank defines extreme poverty as living on less than US$ (PPP) 1 per day, and moderate poverty as less than $2 a day. It has been estimated that in 2001, 1.1 billion people had consumption levels below $1 a day and 2.7 billion lived on less than $2 a day. The proportion of the developing world's population living in extreme economic poverty has fallen from 28 percent in 1990 to 21 percent in 2001. Much of the improvement has occurred in East and South Asia. In Sub-Saharan Africa GDP/capita shrank with 14 percent and extreme poverty increased from 41 percent in 1981 to 46 percent in 2001. Other regions have seen little or no change. In the early 1990s the transition economies of Europe and Central Asia experienced a sharp drop in income. Poverty rates rose to 6 percent at the end of the decade before beginning to recede. I have attached sources for your reference. Regards
5 :
Hello, Filomata, We can appreciate your interest in such statistics. If you seek 10 different media for information you will get 10 completely different statistics.which one would you believe. Moreover , the basic needs like food for an American may be Cereals, eggs, bread and jam and yougart. The basic need for a labourer in India is just some quantity of rice. he is more happy than the American. The health care in America, for example is so expensive unless you have insurance. In India every city has FREE hospitals where anyone can get free treatment.No insurance. Everywhere there are pockets of problems .Whatever you and I can do for these will be a step forward.
6 :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_percentage_of_population_living_in_poverty check that link out...it will give u some reliable infos
7 :
NEED implies cannot live without it. Human beings who do not get their needs met DIE. Looking at children alone, 10.5 million die each year because their needs are not met. This is very close to the number of people who will die from tobacco related causes. The issue is not just meeting needs, it is providing people with a safe and secure environment and enough education to prevent self destruction through Drug abuse (including tobacco) and AIDS and other health issues. The sites below should give you a start:
8 :
Check "world poverty levels" on google


 Read more discussions :