Monday, December 24, 2012

is there a good food for spiritual health


is there a good food for spiritual health?
Just wondering if there is other kinds of food like garlic that can help with spiritual health and healing... like the spirit and chakra cleansing... other than meditation. Not to say I won't do meditation... I'm just wondering if there is also a nutritional element to consider.
Diet & Fitness - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't know but I'd be interested in finding out so I'll watch your question with interest. Saying that, I think you can't go wrong with Green Tea. It just seems so healthy and spiritual to me but I think that's just my personal opinion. It goes without saying that any spiritual food would be vegetarian but I'd guess that it would be more to do with how you feel about that food than the food itself as it seems to me that this would be a psychological thing.
2 :
maybe it's more important to avoid foods/drinks that overstimulate or dull the senses and moderation of intake,as never eat til you are full? a few yrs. back i had become a flexitarian( i ate vegetarian over 90% of the time,little dairy-yogurt and cheese-no meat or eggs but occasionally fish and also avoided all sugar and caffeine but i still drank a beer or two on weekends for some reason)and after about half a yr. i had this incredible mental clarity and develop so much natural energy that i started to eat very little because i had no desire to eat much. i am certain most days i didn't even eat 1200cals at 6' and 165lbs.(down from about 190) and i felt the best i ever felt in my life. it lasted for about 2yrs. until i had an extreme and long lasting stressful job related situation that i let take over my life and i quit taking care of myself correctly. the money i gained wasn't worth what i lost. i did a some vipassana meditation retreats yrs. later and it was the only time i regained that same level of mental clarity for a while





Read more discussions :