Saturday, September 20, 2008

What food should I eat for lunch if I am working out at the gym? Any health food in NYC?or in a grocery store


What food should I eat for lunch if I am working out at the gym? Any health food in NYC?or in a grocery store.?
What should I eat for lunch if I live in the city. I really only see fast food everywhere... Is Subway a good choice of food?
Diet & Fitness - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Subway is good yes but only if you don't get the chips, cookies, or soda. Make sure your sandwich doesn't have cheese, mayo, or fattening salty meat like salami. Use wheat bread. Try getting turkey or chicken slices and load up on those veggies! Avoid the salt and oils. Its really easy to make a Subway sandwich unhealthy. In the grocery store skip the junk isles! Stay all natural. Things that come from the earth. Fruits, veggies, lean meat, oats, and grain. They will benefit you greatly and will boost your weight loss! Learn to cook healthy food so it actually taste good and not bitter. Good luck!
2 :
subway is actually not a healthy choice because of the carbs in all of the bread they use. Its surprisingly high in things like sodium, calories etc. I would try to eat homemade things, like fruit, veggies and simple proteins like peanut butter, eggs and of course meat. Eating the basic primitive foods will get you just as far as all of the health foods that are overpriced and overrated. Its also considerably cheaper. The more you work out, the more proteins you should eat especially if its strength training. I'm not saying you should eat more quantitively, just up the proteins and slightly lower the fruits and veggies. I'm also not saying you should entirely cut out dairy and wheat but minimize them. There are plenty of healthy choices around the city, you just need to look for them, and they definitely won't be in the national fast food chains that we see so much of


Read more discussions :