Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Is it against health codes to ask food servers to clean the toilets everyday


Is it against health codes to ask food servers to clean the toilets everyday?
I work at a private country club. I am the locker room attendant. I serve food on and off thru out the day. To save money, they are cutting back on housekeeping and having me clean the toilets and showers. Is this aginst health code? If they came back there to find me for breakfast I dont think they would still want it if I was scrubbing urinals at the time but thats just me. disgusting yes against code? not sure. thanks! Mike
Etiquette - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
That depends on a lot of things, what state you're in for starters. Wash your hands with hot water and soap after any bathroom duties (required by management or required by your natural body processes). Illegal, unlikely, unsavory. . .definitely.
2 :
That sucks, but if it's part of the job description and your boss says you have to do it, it's required. When you get jobs like that when you're cleaning and serving food to customers, you have to at least wear safety gloves when doing the bathrooms, and your boss should make it a rule for employees to wash hands for sanitary reasons. I have a job where I help make food, but also clean up facility areas as well, and me and other employees are required to wash our hands, wear these special type of gloves for cleaning, and also wear other gloves while fixing food for customers. We also have specific cleaner sprays and stuff so customers won't catch germs. I hope this helped.
3 :
Wow,that seems really unsanitary to me.There should be a code of conduct book at your work for you to be able to get that information.I don't think it is legal,that's why they have others to do it usually or right before you go home.I wouldn't want to eat somewhere knowing my cook or waiter had just cleaned the bathrooms.
4 :
It's not against health code. Sorry, friend.
5 :
I don't think this is illegal. However, you should take action like cleaning your hands and such before you come back to the kitchen. Additionally, never take any food you serve into the restrooms you are cleaning. After all, people at home clean their bathrooms and such and also cook food other times



 Read more discussions :