Sunday, May 8, 2011

Health care reform and food stamps in oregon


Health care reform and food stamps in oregon?
I have 2 similar questions about food stamps and insurance due to the health care reform bill and I would greatly appreciate your help. I am 20 years old in Oregon. So the new bill states that children up to 26 years old can be on their parents health insurance now. (#1) If I live in a different home (with my bf) and I'm job searching so I have food stamps at the moment, can I go back on my dads insurance? (#2) If you have food stamps can you be on your parents insurance?
Government - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Note that it doesn't become effective until September. You don't have to live with your parents to be on their insurance, but you do have to be their "dependent" and claimed as such on their tax returns. You can only do it if you get a job that does not offer health insurance. If you live in a different state, you have to be sure that their policy covers services in your state





 Read more discussions :