Tuesday, August 12, 2008

If I have a health food that I want to sell, do I approach grocery chains


If I have a health food that I want to sell, do I approach grocery chains?
Like health-oriented ones? Should I sell it myself on a website? I have checked with the Health Department already: I can rent a certified kitchen at a local church to manufacture on a small scale which would meet health codes. But I have no experience with marketing, packaging, etc. How do I get started on that aspect? I hope to scale up and not make the bars myself ultimately.
Small Business - 3 Answers


 Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Why don't you try a booth a a market first. See what interest you get, then try health food stores. Take one step at a time, if it's a success gradually expand and invest money back into it.
2 :
Go to Health food stores where you are, measure the area, taste the food, go to where it is grown. Graph all that. THEN consider your idea to bring it all togther
3 :
Website is your best and the most economical option. You can then make only as much as your orders call for. No stockpiling and guessing. With your website, you can also market worldwide being totally independent from fluctuating economy conditions in your city or region. Website with all the pertinent information, video etc, will also allow you to implement target marketing only, meaning buyers, buyers, buyers. Should you want to know more contact me on my gmail address listed in my profile.


Read more discussions :