Thursday, February 12, 2009

Can I plant the edible hemp seeds sold at health food stores


Can I plant the edible hemp seeds sold at health food stores?
I love to eat hemp seeds, they are so nutritious! However, they are quite pricey so I was wondering if they would sprout if I plant the seeds? Also, is this illegal?
Garden & Landscape - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
They will not sprout as they are sterile. The seeds can't be sold publicly if they are still viable. If they did sprout it would be illegal (without a licence) because they would grow into marijuana plants, even though the THC potency is very low. Hemp is a low THC-high fibre version of marijuana grown for it's fibre, oil and seed. The law makes no distinction between low THC fibre plants and high THC smoking plants in regard to drug laws.
2 :
Unfortunately, it is illegal to grow this beneficial, multi-functional plant

 Read more discussions :