Monday, April 28, 2008

Now that we can get products at the Health Food store that taste like meat,is there any excuse for eating junk


Now that we can get products at the Health Food store that taste like meat,is there any excuse for eating junk
meat products that prepare you to have a heart attack in later life? These vegetable products even feel like meat in the mouth. Of course, small health food stores may have to order them special for you.
Other - Food & Drink - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you're allergic to soy or celiac, yeah. Many of the analogues contain one or both ingredients. But other than that, well, maybe because people are hooked on animal products and don't want to give them up. And because it's hard to make a veggie steak good enough to fool people. Faux chicken is a little easier.
2 :
The last time I heard something like that was when Diet Soda's came out for every brand of regular soda , everyone said it tastes like the regular , how wrong they were , I have heard that splenda tasted just like sugar even when used to sweeten iced tea ..they were wrong again...I have eaten steak at least once per week every week ,sometimes more for God knows how long , I have my cholesterol checked on a regular basis , it is below normal , I ask several doctors about my crackrock ( Steak ) they say eat on , as long as it is the better cuts of meat , you will be fine ...I am trying to quit smoking as well , I have smoked for 25 years ( age 13 to age 38 ) I have to argue with doctors when I do the forced air capacity tests on my lungs , they say " you don't smoke do you " they freak out when I tell them how long I have smoked . Last year the doc doing my physical demand I take x-rays , they showed nothing , so he thought I was lying about smoking for so long ...I maintain an active lifestyle , and rarely eat veggies ..I eat just the same as my grandparents did , and cook the way they did on cast iron , and use the same ingredients they did , and yes they are dead now , but they never ate from a "Health food Store " ...they lived to their mid 90's and never even saw a doctor ...they always said if you want to live stay away from doctors ...the only reason I do is because I have to take annual physicals at the FD ....good Luck with the fake meat like veggie ..count me out...
3 :
If being a vegetarian is so cool, why do you have to have your tofu prepared in a manner so that it tastes like meat? That just doesn't make sense to me. Your body is obviously craving meat, otherwise, you wouldn't be looking for meaty tasting products.


Read more discussions :