Sunday, June 24, 2012

Your favorite health food and why


Your favorite health food and why?
I need some more ideas for healthy dinner options. Vegitarian friendly a plus!
Other - Food & Drink - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Wow, I didn't read the rest of your question. I just thought you were asking what's a healthy food. Here is the answer to that question: Oatmeal. It's inexpensive, and warm on a chilly morning. It's easy, and fast to make. It has a long shelf life. Best of all, it can be made into a variety of cookies! I suppose it can also be used as a bread crumb, or a filler for meat loaf. My name is M@tthew, and I approve of this answer.
2 :
Funny I was actually going to say oatmeal before I read the question. For dinner, if you learn to cook with lentils they can actually be a very healthy vegetarian option, and they're filling enough and don't leave you wanting meat. If you need protein, you can buy frozen soy beans called "edamame" from the freezer section of some megamarts. All you have to do is toss them in some boiling water for 5 minutes and sprinkle them with salt. If you want vegetables, I like a little zuchini chopped up into spears and soaked in balsamic vinegarette for just about 20 minutes before tossing into a pan to sear (or a grill would be even better! ^_^) Also this time of year I love a little bit of squash mixed with nutmeg (fresh ground if you can find it!) and brown sugar. Hope this helps!
3 :
Although not a real dinner option I have found Pickles to be a great healthy alternative. It is almost a "0" across the board. Those pickles in a pouch are great and I buy from this place all the time






 Read more discussions :