Monday, July 12, 2010

How does spicy food affect health in humans



 How does spicy food affect health in humans?
I have read various answers but I would like more specific answers. The reason I said "answers" because I would like to know how much spicy food is healthy, and how is it healthy and how much spicy food is unhealthy and how is it unhealthy. I got curious because I've lately been eating a lot of this salsa that contains habanero peppers.
Other - Food & Drink - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
no
2 :
Gives you heartburn like KRAAAAZy.
3 :
if you eat too much the acid in it can give you stomach ulcers but generally its all good in doses like everything else some people say spicey food works as an aphrodisiac ;)
4 :
Certain spicy foods have benefits-- cayenne pepper is good for respiratory health and, believe it or not, can be takn in mall quantities to enhance digestive health garlic has antibacterial and blood-cleanising qualities Ginger is known for quelling nausea as well as an anti-spasmdic, tht is, it eases cramps, both menstrual and digestive. Hot peppers should not hurt you unless you have a sensitive stomach. If they hurt your stomach, stop eating them, You should just google some health food sites for this, if you really want to know....
5 :
The negative side of spicy food (hot peppers) is that it can irritate your stomach or esophagus (heartburn). The positive side is that it increases blood circulation (great in winter). Other than that I wouldn't worry. In tropical climates the people eat lots of spicy food because when it's 100F outside it's not as enjoyable to sit down and sink your teeth into a juicy steak. But if you spice it up, it's better.
6 :
Being from texas.. I have encountered MANY spicy foods. Spicy foods are good for you when you have a slow metabolism. Like me, I swear I have the slowest metabolism. It helps to speed up your metabolism so that you can burn that fat right off! Samantha



Read more discussions :