Thursday, April 8, 2010

What are the best tasting vegan cheeses availible from the grocery or health food store


What are the best tasting vegan cheeses availible from the grocery or health food store?
Great responses. Thanks to all who took the time : )
Vegetarian & Vegan - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
http://www.imearthkind.com/ Vegan Gourmet cheese, I love it.
2 :
Honestly, I've never had one I could stomach. Good luck with that.
3 :
even walmart has a variety of sliced and grated soy cheese in their produce section, its by the tofu. easy to find, and it tastes just like cheese
4 :
I'm totally with pppmntgrl. Maybe it's because I grew up in Wisconsin and ate a lot of "real" cheese before I went vegan, but I've never tried ANY plant-based cheese that I thought to be tasty. I just go without :). Good luck.
5 :
IMO, the sliced ones aren't that great. I like the mac and chReese dinners from Road's End Organics and Soymage parmesan though, the latter is great to sprinkle on top of cheeseless pizza. Tastes just like real parmesan, I use it on popcorn too



 Read more discussions :