Monday, May 4, 2009

Are there any health food stores in Malmo, Sweden


Are there any health food stores in Malmo, Sweden?
Im thinking of moving to Malmo and I have questions such as are there any health food stores in Malmo? How much is a bottle of detergent or body soap? Are there any neighborhoods I should avoid when searching for an apartment? Is the food good (I am a foodie)?
Other - Europe - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There are plenty of health food stores, except I don't know about the actual 'food' - they seem to sell mainly natural/herbal remedies and organic beauty products. Soap (tvÃ¥l) will sell for anything from SEK 50 - 150. I'm not sure about detergents, if you mean the household variety, they may have some. I've added a link to the yellow pages hits I found for health food stores in Malmö. You should definitely avoid RosengÃ¥rd and the immediately surrounding areas (see map link below) when home hunting. Other than that, most areas are OK if you're not too fussy. If you're a foodie, Malmö is a good city to live in. There are endless amounts of different restaurants, serving just about any ethnic food you can think of. The area called MöllevÃ¥ngen is particularly rich in ethnic food and shops. In its main square, MöllevÃ¥ngstorget, there is an open-air market on weekdays. I hear it's also a good area to live in if you're open to other cultures. If you're into organic food (ekologisk mat), you can get it from open-air markets, ordinary chain stores like ICA, Coop or Willy's, or from specialty shops such as MossagÃ¥rden. I've supplied some links for further info. Some of them, alas, are in Swedish, but you might get the general idea via online translators if your Swedish is nonexistent. :-) P.S. Personally I prefer the city of Lund, 10 miles up the motorway, but finding rented accommodation there is much more difficult than in MalmÃ



 Read more discussions :