Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Do you work in food service or health care and have to cut corners to keep your boss off your back


Do you work in food service or health care and have to cut corners to keep your boss off your back?
The maids in hotels are expected to do more, in less time, for less money these days. Nurses, Nurse's Aids, Cooks, and various medical workers, are mostly forced to work very fast to the point that they violate state, city, and federal rules. Do you feel forced to break the rules to keep management off your back?

Other - General Health Care - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Absolutely!!! I work in a restaurant - I have worked in various different restaurants over the last five years from casual dining to fine dining, from waiting to managment. In every single situation I have been put in situations where I do not feel comfortable with what I am being asked/forced to do. I have been forced to underpay staff who are known not to check their payslips because we can get away with it. I have been forced to work for fourteen hours unbroken and to make others do the same. Food that is sub-standard is sent out because we know most people won't complain. Cleanliness and hygeine are only an issue when the health and safety officers are due to come by - believe me we always know when they will come. The health and safety of both staff and consumers constantly come last in the food sector. In my experience of being a patient in hospital I an say that medical services are little different.
2 :
I worked as a chambermaid in a hotel that whenever 1 maid left or was put off the other maids had to do extra to make up. This went on until it got so that no matter how had and fast you cleaned it was impossible to do a through job, then they would hire another 1 or 2 maids. But for a time they had 1 or two less wages to pay. Where I am now I have to do 1 day at my employers mothers house but still keep up here. Also at times when I have asked for time off ma'am will say "Oh Kim please make sure so and so is taken care of before you go won't you". This will almost always mean that my time off is shortened because doing "so and so" takes longer than the time she has allowed. For example, if there is some ironing I haven't finished because it is not urgent she will say "please finish the ironing before you go" even though nothing in the basket is required



Read more discussions :