Thursday, August 16, 2012

Which is the best food for good health of my parakeets


Which is the best food for good health of my parakeets?
Got two parakeets who are almost 11years old. I give them fruits and sunflower seeds etc. I need to know apart from this which kind of seeds are more healthy so that their green feathers look fresh and nice?
Birds - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I give mine a Gourmet Hagen mix for budgies (white bag at the pet store or check on their site), that's mixed with their cockatiel version of the same brand (to make feeding time easier for me). I also offer them pellets although they hardly touch them. Hard boiled egg that's been mashed together with shell is excellent nutrition for birds feathers, and they love it. I boil one egg every few days and there's enough for my 2 budgies and cockatiel to share for two days, keep unused egg in a plastic container in the fridge of course. Sprinkle a little millet on top the first time you offer it and it won't take long for them to catch on.
2 :
Kaytee fortified parakeet food or Zupreem if you can find it. I work in a pet shop and that is the brand that we use and recommend to everybody that comes in and buys a bird from us.



Read more discussions :