Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Why is everyone so health food crazy


Why is everyone so health food crazy?
I understand that the US is high on child obesity and that everyone should eat well, children should be active and fed nutritious foods. It just seems all the fun of childhood has been sucked right out of life. Whats so wrong with letting your child have a candy bar or a cupcake every now and then?
Parenting - 12 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
honestly, i'm not a big fan of fatty foods. When i was little, i ate like crazy, but played outside all the time, yet i still got a little pudge. I lost it by the age of 9 however (it really wasn't that noticeable). Still, however, I try not to eat so much because nobody wants to get fat.
2 :
I tend to agree with you that we sometimes get too excited. I actually volunteer at a local Boys and Girls Club and it's interesting to see how excited the kids get about snacks. My theory is that control food too much, leads kids to overeat when given the opportunity. As you sort of alluded to, a treat here or there does no harm and allows kids to experience a balance between being "good" and having a treat.
3 :
there's nothing wrong with the occasional treat. Honestly, I think a lot of people lie about what they feed their kids, since no one can call them on it. Ive never met a parent who actully fed their kids only organic, all soy, compltely vegan, and never allowed a crumb of chocolate, or God forbid, a french fry touch thier child's lips. My son had animal crackers and yogurt with m&m's today. among other things of course.
4 :
I don't think anyone saying having a cupcake or candy every now and then is a bad thing. It's constantly all the time. You don't want your kids eating to much sweats because they can get cavities, they can lose their teeth, they can get diabetes and oh yes obesity and so so so much more! So I guess to answer your question, I want my kids to eat well all the time, so they can.... I don't know, live longer!!!! I make healthy foods fun for my kids. Healthy food don't have to be boring or not fun.
5 :
There's nothing wrong with a treat every so often. But that's not how the US does it. It's every so often every day. Besides, fresh, homemade, garden grown food tastes so much better. Once you start eating that way you won't be able to go back.




 Read more discussions :