Monday, January 4, 2010

I want to start my own business... Health food store


 
I want to start my own business... Health food store?
Hello! I would really like to start my own business. I would want it to be a healh food store.... like a whole foods store since there isn't anything with like that within 75 miles of where I live. I am Vegetarian and I am sick of not being able to find any of the products that I like in the area! Any suggestions on how to go about this? How hard will it be? Where would I get the products and food that I need to stock the shelves? Any suggestions?
Small Business - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I think its quite admirable you want to start such an enterprise! It may be difficult to make a go of it, but the best way to begin is research your market and build a business plan that you believe in. Think about things like - why is there no other whole/health food store in your area, are there enough people in your town/city to support such a business. Are you close to organic farmers, perhaps starting a co-op? You need to have access to good local produce and other resources to keep your customers coming back for more.
2 :
Go to http://www.score.org/ and in the upper left hand corner, enter your zip code. On the next screen, you will get information on the nearest SCORE chapter. Call them and arrange for a free meeting with a SCORE counselor. SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to entrepreneur education and the formation, growth and success of small business nationwide. SCORE is a resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). SCORE has 389 chapters in locations throughout the United States and its territories, with 10,500 volunteers nationwide. Both working and retired executives and business owners donate time and expertise as business counselors

Read more discussions :